Ramadan in Saudi Arabia is such a large event that is always filled with many preparations by all the family, and the government, the city gets busy beforehand, as the holy month changes routines and ways of life, and in this year Ramadan 2021 is coming soon in the middle of April, so you can get moving to buy the needed items and get prepared for a long month of praying, fasting and wonderful events.
So let us learn together when Ramadan 2021 be and How can you prepare everything beforehand to enjoy this once-a-year month?
RAMADAN ِApril/ 2021
As in the habit of the rest of the Arab and Islamic people, Saudi citizens would eagerly and passionately await the sight of Ramadans’ crescent at the end of Sha`ban, despite the development of astronomical observation methods, but it seems that the traditional customs on observing the crescent and making sure of its visibility remains prevalent.
As soon as the crescent moon appears, the welcoming expressions and blessings begin pouring in between relatives, friends, neighbors, and acquaintances in the form of “Ramadan Kareem” and “Ramadan Mubarak”.
The first day of Ramadan in Saudi Arabia depends on the month preceded which is Sha`ban. So if Sha`ban completes thirty days this year, Ramadan will begin April 13th, 2021, and would end on May 12th/2021, the date is yet to be officially released though when they sight the moon crescent.
Ramadan Preparation List & Tips
Preparing for Ramadan might not be an easy task, but with the will power and the excitement, it can become a wonderful experience and memory for you, make sure that you pray well in this month, but it does come with many needs, such as food preparations, decorations and much else, of course, this raises the question of how to prepare for Ramadan ? What is the most important? Where to start?
Follow our full guide to get yourself ready for this holy month.
How to prepare your house for Ramadan 2021 ?
Preparing the house is very important for Ramadan in Saudi Arabia, you are expected to welcome guests at some points to eat with you, and the house should reflect the spirits of this holy month, therefore you should follow these points and make sure that your house is ready to welcome Ramadan just as you are!
- Hang on decorations for Ramadan, especially decorations that symbolize Ramadan, lamps or the moon crescent, or even a simple Ramadan Mubarak statement on the wall with lights might change the entire room.
- Make sure you have enough silverware for your guests and family members, if you need more then now is the perfect time to buy some as many shops will put on special Ramadan sales.
- Ramadan in quarantine? Well sure, this year might be different than every other year, if you are not ready to welcome guests for health reasons, then why not make a Ramadan corner, decorate it well, and make it ready for having video calls with your family members and loved ones.
- Do not forget to hang the calendar! Ramadan needs a calendar so you can check the prayer dates, and when to break your fast or start fasting day by day.
Ramadan kitchen preparation
In Ramadan, the kitchen becomes the center of focus, where most TV programs revolve around the pre-iftar period. Below are the most important tips that we have summed up regarding preparing the kitchen for Ramadan:
- Clean, clean, and clean! Just clean up the entire kitchen before you buy anything for Ramadan, a dirty kitchen would only reflect poorly on the health of your family, plus you might find food that is still consumable hidden somewhere.
- Make sure to buy enough storage units for your Ramadan shopping list.
- Does a family member have certain rules for eating? Or health issues? Then start by preparing and buying all the items they need beforehand, such as sugar-free options or gluten-free, depending on the condition.
- Prepare a list of purchases within the available budget.
- Buy items before the start of the month.
- Prepare vegetables and leaves by washing them thoroughly and placing them in the fridge, if necessary, so they can be ready to cook.
- you should store the meat in bags in the freezer and arrange them according to their type and whether or not you chop, divide, or still in their original packaging.
- Prepare beans, such as fava beans and chickpeas, to be always present as appetizers on the Iftar table.
- Freeze different kinds of fruits such as strawberries, guava, and mango to prepare fresh juices.
- Prepare sweets and their fillings earlier in the day so desserts are after Iftar.
MENTALLY PREPARING FOR RAMADAN
Ramadan is an opportunity to devote oneself to spirituality and to strengthen the connection with Allah, away from the pressures of life and work. That is why it would be preferable if you were mentally prepared for it to spend this month in full worship and prayers, for the most important thing is sincerity in the intention, that is, determination to devote as much time in worshiping and that includes:
- The intention to complete the Qur’an at least once or several times if possible.
- The intention that this month is a start for good deeds, repentance, and readiness for Ramadan.
- Intend to perform Taraweeh prayer most days, in addition to the five daily prayers.
- Do not forget the poor people and the Zakat, Ramadan is but a holy month, We should remember the hardships of the poor, and atone for our sins through that.
- Your neighbors are as important as your family, check up on them and see if they need anything during this month of fasting.
- Volunteer, if there is a time for good deeds, then Ramadan is the one.
The Holy month of Ramadan represents a golden opportunity for prayers and social bonding, it is more than only fasting, are you worried about how you will prepare for Eid? Then check our Eid Al Fitr article as well as our DIY Ramadan gifts article and more, For more related topics and to stay up-to-date with the latest news and trends in the real estate market in Saudi Arabia, follow us on Bayut KSA Blog, and if you need any help, please leave us a comment down below and we will get back to you.